Since Tom Wilson bought Island Motorcycle Company two years ago, the store has
undergone some big changes, and Vancouver Island riders are enjoying the benefits.
“He’s brought in lots of energy and ideas.” says general manager Bill Wellbourn. “He
took us from single-line dealer to five brands, and added second location.”
Now the renovations are complete and Island Motorcycle Company is ready to
celebrate its newest addition: Indian Motorcycles. The legendary brand was
America’s first motorcycle company, and their modern steeds still boast that retro
style and formidable power!
Celebrate the grand opening of Indian Motorcycle at Island Moto!
This Sunday, March 1 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., stop by Island Motorcycle
Companyat 2956 Westshore Parkway. There’s lots to see and do, and everyone’s
welcome. The Mayor of Langford will be on hand to cut the ribbon at noon and no
matter what brand you’re riding (or dream of riding) you’ll find plenty of fun and fast
● One Day Sale! All in-stock Indian Motorcycles and gear is on sale for one
day only. Meet the new line-up of 2020 Indian Motorcycles and fall in love!
● Safety First! Chat with representatives from the Vancouver Island Safety
Council, Cedar Motorcycle Riding School, and Advanced Rider Training to
learn about training courses in your area so you can ride with confidence.
● Community! Looking for a group to ride with? Many of the Island’s clubs
and communities will be there to talk about what they do. “It’s a really positive
thing for the community,” Wellbourn says.
● Brand New Bikes! The 2020 Indian Challenger hit the streets just a month
ago, and Island Motorcycle Co. has one for you to ogle. Boasting state-of-the-
art technology, it’s the latest and greatest from Indian Motorcycles.
● Prizes! The first 50 visitors get a free Indian Motorcycle T-shirt, so you better
get there early! Hang around for other fun prizes through the day.
● Dazzling Demonstrations! Ryan Austin from Advanced Rider Training
will demonstrate his serious skills on the Indian Challenger, burning rubber
and turning heads. “He takes these big bikes and whips them around like
nothing,” Wellbourn says.
● Testrides! Don’t just stand there…weather permitting, you can suit up and
take an escorted test ride. Get a feel for the power and agility of these amazing
● Good Eats and Good Tunes! Two food trucks will be on-site and music too,
so put up your feet and stay awhile!
Island Motorcycle Co. is celebrating the addition of Indian Motorcycles with a Grand Opening on March 1. Everyone’s welcome – all brands. Check out the food, music, test rides, demos, prizes, and a lot of beautiful bikes! Find out more information on this exciting event here.