A rare opportunity for a specialized person to take on a new role created within the company for a Foreman/Superintendent with a well respected, local Civil Contractor.
Stone Pacific Contracting Limited is a Civil Contractor based in Duncan, British Columbia. Our company is looking to add an experienced Foreman/Superintendent to the construction team. Having operated here on Vancouver Island for over 13 years we have worked on a multitude of projects. Specializing in civil construction, the company operates primarily on the Island and looking at building a small project division responsible for work valued between $5,000-$50,000.
Project workload: Excavating, Subdivisions, Roadwork's, Culverts, Utility Installation, demolition, Quarry activity, and a recycling facility. Our client base includes major General Contractors, Developers, Municipalities, and residents with our community.
Your new role:
* Responsible for proactively sourcing projects to estimate.
* Provide estimates to phone in customers.
* Complete written proposals, and then, if successful, managing the project through to completion.
* Supervise a small crew of personnel.
* Ability to operate machinery if necessary.
* Supervise and manage quarry, and possibly gravel pit.
* Supervise and manage a small recycling facility.
You will ensure that the projects is running to schedule, working closely with the client to ensure any problems are addressed quickly and keeping the project on budget.
What you'll need to succeed:
The ideal candidate will have:
* Minimum 10 years Civil Construction experience in the above Project workload.
* Management/Estimating experience in the Civil Construction industry.
* Mine managing experience in quarry and gravel pit operations.
* Minimal experience in recycling facility.
* Extensive estimating experience for all varieties of Civil Construction.
* Construction Management or relevant technical diploma.
* Mines blasting ticket.
* Have working knowledge of Spectrum software application. (not a requirement)
* Valid Class 5 license.
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|