La Rosa Gardens, an independent living facility for seniors, located in Ladysmith has a FT cook position available. The FT hours are from 7:00 am - 6:00 pm, the shifts will be Monday - Thursday, including Holidays.
The successful Candidate must have 2 years' experience in cooking large quantities and maintaining high quality meals, must complete a criminal record check through the Ministry of Justice with results acceptable to La Rosa, have a current First Aid Certificate, have a Current Food Safe Certificate, comply with our Policies and Procedures, and must participate in our Immunization Program.
We are looking for an employee who will work well under the direction of the Kitchen Manager. Will be responsible for the daily preparation of 3 meals a day from an assigned menu for an average of 61 residents. The successful candidate must ensure food handling methods are followed at all times and must maintain a safe and sanitary workplace.
* Responsible for the production of menu items including preparation, production and proper clean up.
* Must be able to follow special diets.
* Must coordinate the work flow and provide direction to the servers.
* Maintains fresh inventory utilizing methods to minimize spoilage and waste.
* Practices and maintains cleanliness and sanitation according to required standards.
* Promotes positive communication among management, staff, residents, and visitors.
* Comply with Work Safe Standards.
* Comply with WHIMS.
Education and Qualifications
* Grade 12.
* Graduation from a recognized Cooks Training Program or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Food Safe Level 1
* Knowledge and experience with cooking, baking, kitchen equipment and machines.
* 2 years' experience in the food industry.
Skills and Abilities
* Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position and operate related equipment
* Planning and organizing skills.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Ability to safely lift and carry 50 LBS of weight
* Able to properly operate restaurant equipment; safely and appropriately.
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|