The Raptors is hiring! We are a bird of prey organization, with the goal of raising awareness for birds of prey and promoting conservation. We are currently hiring for a position as a Raptor Medical Assistant, at our facility in the Cowichan Valley.
This is a contract, funded position for an applicant under thirty years of age, and qualified applicants must have a BSc in Biology, or another scientific discipline. The position has a diverse range of responsibilities, including assisting with the medical care of raptors, creating educational content, and many general husbandry duties.
Qualified candidates would have the following:
- Positive and energetic demeanour
- Experience with animal or wildlife medicine.
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational and self-direction skills.
- Solid computer literacy.
Additional Qualifications include:
- First aid training
- Educational experience
- Experience with grant writing.
- Database management skills.
Starting wage is dependent on experience. Position to start on November 1st, or earlier, training provided. Criminal Record Check required. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Only those selected for a secondary questionnaire or interview will be contacted.
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|