We are currently recruiting a Marketing and Sales Manager with a focus on commodity building materials. The position will play a key role in rebuilding the company's longstanding involvement in the local distribution of building materials.
Through extensive knowledge of Coastal Species and commodity lumber applications, the Marketing and Sales Manager will drive aggressive sales targets and position the locally grown species of Hem/fir, Douglas Fir, and Western Red Cedar as the preferred building material for Vancouver Island and the surrounding Gulf Islands.
- Develop and implement sales strategies
- Understand customers' needs and work with suppliers to meet customer expectations
- Re-establish Coastal Species as the preferred structural and appearance building material through extensive and ongoing customer visits.
- Develop new accounts
- Manage credit and develop pricing strategies
- Manage inventory levels and turns
- Work closely with the Leadership Group to maximize sales and synergies within the company
- Post-Secondary education is preferred but not required
- Minimum 5 years of Lumber Sales experience
- Ability to travel extensively on Vancouver Island, the Gulf Islands and the Lower Mainland
- A high degree of integrity and honesty
- A history of developing strong business relationships
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and a team player
- Intermediate to advanced skill in Microsoft Office (Word / Excel / PowerPoint)
This a full time position based on Vancouver Island BC.
A competitive salary and benefits will be offered.
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|