This position will be assisting in setting up a new charity - Cowichan Green Community Foundation.
1. Formulate and develop mission statement, policy and strategic plans, goals, operational policies, new program proposals, directions or initiatives, etc.
2. Plan, organize, and direct the long term, general and day-to-day operations, and administration. Establish and implement management and HR policies including labour relations issues.
3. Establish and maintain effective relationships with senior and other government officials, clients and stakeholders, funding sources, volunteers, community groups, etc..
4. Prepare annual Operating/Management Plans and budgets, develop fund-raising activities.
5. Oversee and ensure risk management policies and procedures. Establish and ensure all professional, licensing or other accreditation requirements are in place.
6. Oversee and/or approve major program/project contracts, priorities, schedules and resource requirement and ensure all aspects of projects are carried out expeditiously and consistent with objectives and policies including directing and monitoring the work of consultants, contractors and vendors.
Planning, organization, financial management and control, communications, policy development and administrative management and/or counselling and social work. University degree in a discipline relevant to food security, human resources management, or equivalent.
Five plus years of more responsible program, managerial, supervisory and financial control experience in the community social services sector with a demonstrated knowledge of community based programs/ services, funding sources, community relations, Board relations, access to community resources required. Excellent presentation, public relations, oral, writing and interpersonal communication skills. Demonstrated teamwork, leadership, facilitation and collaboration skills. Well developed planning, organizing, controlling and negotiation, bargaining and decision making skills. Ability to deal tactfully with sensitive client issues. Computer literacy
Applicants should be eligible for wage subsidy. Position to start mid November.
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|