The Cowichan Family Caregivers Support Society has an opening for a Coordinator for the Young Carers Program.
* Develop and coordinate program activities, such as presentations in schools and organizations, networking, community education, and outreach
* Facilitate resource team meetings for young carers and allies
* Recruit young carers and allies to participate on the resource team
* Mentor young carers and allies to deliver community presentations
* Provide one-on-one emotional support to young carers as needed, in person and on the telephone, including information and referral to community resources
* Gather accurate statistical data and use program evaluation tools
* Assist with grant proposals and program development
* Maintain the website and update promotional materials
* Education in Social Work, Psychology, Counselling and/or Support Work
* Understanding of issues facing caregiving families (family caregiver and the person receiving care)
* Experience facilitating and working with groups
* Experience in program development
* Experience working in and/or with social services
* Computer competency
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to communicate effectively
* Ability to work with empathy and compassion
* Connections to the non-profit and service community an asset
* Experience working in and/or with SD 79 an asset
This is a contract position for 10 hours/week at $20/hour. The contract is from November 1st, 2016 to March 31st, 2017 and is renewable dependent on funding.
Apply to Jodie McDonald, Executive Director, Cowichan Family Caregivers Support Society by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00pm on Monday, October 24th, 2016. Thank you for your interest!
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|