Community Link is pleased to offer this exciting and unique community support worker position in the community of Ladysmith to an individual who is interested in facilitating good lives in welcoming communities for young adults with developmental disabilities. This is a dynamic position that requires the successful applicant to be competent in the realm of community development, relationship building, as well as creating and delivering opportunities for personal growth, self determination and life/employment skills development.
The hours of support are delivered during daytime hours ranging within M-F, 9am - 4pm and include one-on-one as well as group support in a variety of settings in the community of Ladysmith. The applicant shall have a keen interest in actively observing, identifying individuals' skills and interests in order to match activities with individuals' preferences and strengths. A personal interest in cooking, music, art and/or physical fitness will be an asset.
Duties will include:
* Life skills: facilitating, encouraging and building skills in food preparation, personal hygiene, interpersonal communication, healthy living, community safety, job search and employment maintenance
* Transportation: to and from activities and programs
* Social engagement: facilitating and creating opportunities to interact with others with shared interests, to become involved as a volunteer, to participate in recreational and social activities, etc.)
Applicant must possess:
* Community Support Worker Certificate, or equivalent education or experience
* a valid British Columbia driver's license
* a good driving record/clean driver's abstract
* use of personal vehicle for work
* a clear Criminal Record
* current first aid/CPR certificate
* good written and verbal communication skills
* must be able to work independently
* be well connected within the community OR have an easy, warm demeanor so as to easily integrate more fully into the community
* interested in encouraging and supporting a community culture of inclusion
Please send resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com
This position is available November 28, 2017. Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you.
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|