AdvoCare Health Services is looking for a casual cook to join our team at Cerwydden Care Centre in Duncan BC.
Under the direction of the Food Service Supervisor and/or Food Service and Nutrition Manager, prepares, seasons and cooks, meat, fish, fowl, vegetables, soups and desserts, prepares hot cereal, sandwiches and special food items required, portions servings to residents, staff and others while ensuring resident safety. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Prepare and cook foodstuffs and therapeutic diet items by :
- Preparing foods according to recipes, mixing ingredients.
- Planning cooking schedules to have food ready on time and to minimize time between completion of cooking and serving.
- Baking, roasting, stewing and steam cooking meat, fish, fowl and vegetables.
- Testing cooked food by taste to determine if properly cooked and seasoned.
- Making gravies, stocks, dressings, sauces and soups.
- Preparing cold meats, sandwiches, griddle cakes, breads, pastries, cooked cereals and beverages.
Prepare and portion servings by:
- Carving portions of meat, fish and fowl for individual servings as required.
- Controlling portioning of food items to ensure recipe yield meets assigned quantity quotas.
- Portioning servings according to menu and residents' individual requirements.
- Following established maintenance of food rotations in storage in order to minimize waste and spoilage.
- Estimating food items for cooking requirements according to nutritional and therapeutic diet needs.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Clear Criminal Record Check,
Current licensing or registration associated with this discipline,
WHMIS, Food Safe and other conditions of hire.
Fitness required to complete the duties associated with this job description,
Vaccinations, TB test and/or x-ray as required by licensing,
Graduation from a recognized program in quantity cooking plus one year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience preferred.
|Details||Last hour:||Last 24 hours:||All:|
|Posted||June 16, 2016|
|Renewed||September 18, 2016|
|Expiry||October 18, 2016|