As a small, independent Grade 7-12 boarding & day school, we offer a personalized, student-centred approach to learning. Our primary concern is our students.
The Houseparent plays an integral leadership role within the Boarding team, fulfilling a range of responsibilities that encompass supervising, mentoring and caring for boarding students and ensuring that the residences are a safe, stable and happy environment for the entire Boarding community.
Houseparents work 2 to 3 duty days and mornings a week and one weekend a month. Meals are provided in the dining hall.
Shifts may include the following:
* Weekday mornings: 7 am to 9 am
* Mon, Tue, and Wed: 5 pm to lights out, paperwork (approximately 11:30 pm)
* Thu: 3 pm to lights out, paperwork (approximately 11:30 pm)
* Fri: 2 pm to lights out, paperwork ( approximately 12:15 am)
* Sat: 8 am to lights out, paperwork ( approximately 12:15 am)
* Sun: 8 am to 6 pm OR 5:30 pm to lights out, paperwork (approximately 11:30 pm).
Sleeping accommodations are available when required to work the next morning. Minimum wage provided if required to be on call during sleeping hours.
- Professional & ethical behaviour in prior work experiences with children/youth
- Demonstrates integrity, credibility, confidentiality & responsibility in all interactions
- Commitment: completes what he/she commits to doing
- Administrative Skills: updates student log book on a daily basis
- Communication Skills: strong verbal & written; actively listens to issues of others to elicit cooperation & support. Able to discuss sensitive situations with students, staff, parents/agents
- Caring & compassionate: cares for each student. Monitors general health & well-being. Liaise with appropriate staff as necessary
- Energetic & Adaptable: prepared to take on boarding-related initiatives with enthusiasm. Ability to adapt to new & changing situations.
All employees must consent to a criminal record check.
To be part of this team, please forward your cover letter and resume that demonstrates how you meet the competencies of the houseparent position.
Deadline for submission: until position is filled
We appreciate all interest in this position, and will contact only those applicants who are short listed.
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|